Pumpkin Pie With Only 80 Calories Per Serving!
Personally, Fall is my favorite time of the year. The weather is just the BEST, the foliage is beautiful, Halloween and Thanksgiving, two of my favorite Holiday’s, are just around the corner and you can’t forget the annual trip to your local farm for some awesome apple picking and pumpkin patch pictures! Just don’t forget to take some of those pumpkins home for carving and also baking with!
Not only have I already made my trip to the pumpkin patch & took home a couple of pumpkins to carve, but I also snagged a couple of Sugar Pumpkins that are specifically meant to be used for baking. I was so eager to get the sugar pumpkins into a tasty treat that I decided to use one of them in this weeks recipe roundup to make 3 Ingredient, No-Bake Pumpkin Pie bars. Not only are these bars low-fat, but naturally gluten-free too!
For the sake of saving time and keeping the recipe no-bake, simply get a can of pureed pumpkin at your local grocery store. Most stores are bound to have a great deal on their canned pumpkin this time of the year.
However, if you are feeling a bit more adventurous and have an extra sugar pumpkin laying around, I recommend you try making your very own pumpkin puree. The following 3 minute video of Alton Brown on his old TV show Good Eats will show you how –
Here are some photos of the process of making homemade pumpkin puree, using the instructions from the above video:
- Prep: 10 minutes (if you are making your own pumpkin puree, that time is not reflected here)
- Refrigerate: 30-90 minutes (to firm up)
- 15 oz of pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or other similar spices (can adjust for taste)
Cooking Tip Reminder: Make sure to look and see if any coupons are available for ingredients that you don’t currently have. For this recipe, I was excited to use the following coupon –
- In a large mixing bowl, add your coconut flour, sugar & pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
- Add the 15oz. of pureed pumpkin and mix until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture into a parchment paper lined 9×9 dish. If desired, sprinkle with extra cinnamon and sugar and then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up**. Cut into 16 bite sized pieces and enjoy.
**Once the bars have firmed up and cut into 16 squares, you can also try putting some in the freezer for an even firmer pumpkin pie bar!
It is THAT easy! The longest step in this whole process is waiting for the bars to firm up in the fridge. But the results, in my opinion, are yummy! Let me know what you think of this recipe by leaving a reply in the comment section below and be sure to share with your friends and family so they too can find the awesomeness that is these pumpkin pie bars.